Finance & Operations Manager
Part time (8 hours/week)
Hope for a Child are looking for a Finance & Operations Manager to work alongside the CEO to help sustain the momentum that we have built in recent years, by:
- Monitoring performance to ensure continued financial health
- Maintaining and developing efficient and productive business operations
- Ensuring processes and procedures serve our needs and meet regulatory requirements
- Overseeing general financial admin
Hope for a Child is a charitable company registered in Guernsey. We exist to help children living in poverty to thrive, focusing most of our attention on Malawi.
We emphasize business as a powerful tool for poverty alleviation, with the belief that through the development of inclusive local economies families are able to become self-sufficient — accessing markets, essential products and services and employment.
Through social enterprises we supply drinking water, provide care and education to vulnerable children, market smallholder produce and give artisans access to European markets.
The position is an important part of the leadership team, and is a great opportunity to make a difference within a small organization that exists to change the trajectory of the lives of children living in extreme poverty.
The successful applicant will be passionate about business and financial management, and creating positive change within the organization and the world around us.
- Developing our financial management capabilities both strategically and operationally;
- Leading financial planning, working with senior team members to draft budgets and forecasts;
- Tracking financial performance overall and within various sectors of the business, reporting to the Directors;
- The main point of contact with our accountants;
- Reviewing spending to ensure efficiency and value for money;
- Continuing to develop financial policies and procedures to ensure they remain fit for purpose;
- Working with the CEO to explore business development opportunities.
To be considered, it is essential for applicants to have a positive, can-do attitude and a hunger to create change in the world around them. We exist to propagate hope and we expect our employees to take responsibility for their own hope-levels.
Applicants should have the ability to communicate effectively, be self-motivated and organized.
Specifically, applications should have:
- Business management experience
- An accounting qualification or significant experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A high level of competence using IT
Hours: 8 hours per week
Contract term: 18 months
Salary: £9,000 pa